# Plunger Coffee & French Press Brewing Guide
# Plunger and French Press Brewing Guide
If you’ve landed on this article, you’re probably wanting to find out how to make coffee in a plunger. In this short guide, we take you through how much coffee to put in a plunger, and all the steps involved in how to do plunger coffee as a whole.
We will walk you through the basic steps to creating the best French Press (opens new window) Coffee you have ever tasted.
SERVES 2 - 3 COFFEE 45g WATER 750ml at 93 - 96° (Just off the boil)
# How to make plunger coffee
- Bring filtered water to a boil and let it sit until it cools to the ideal temperature range, (approx. 1 minute).
- Pre-heat the French Press (opens new window) by rinsing with hot water.
- Add ground coffee (opens new window) to coffee plunger. Your grind should be coarse, larger than sand granules.
- Pour 100ml of water into the plunger and stir to saturate the grinds. Try to ensure that all grounds are wet.
- Pour the remaining water, 650ml into the plunger and stir again.
- Attach plunger lid to retain heat but do not push down. Leave to brew for 3 minutes.
- Slowly plunge and serve.
Total brew time 4 – 5 minutes.
Tip: 60g of coffee to 1L of water is the recommended plunger coffee ratio, depending on the size of your plunger / French Press, your ratio of coffee to water will need to be adjusted. E.g. 15g for a 250ml sized plunger.